In this very simple tutorial I’ll show you how to soften an image in GIMP. This effect is very similar to the effect you might achieve when using a Softening Filter.
First of all choose a photograph with simplistic details, as a complicated image might not work well for the effect, and then, open your image in GIMP.
- Duplicate that image:
- Now rename that new layer: Blurred
- Select the layer Blurred, and go Filters –> Blur –> Gaussian Blur.
- Adjust the slidersas shown below (may vary for some images):
- Then move your Blurred Layer to the bottom:
- And adjust the Background Layer to 50% Opacity:
- And that’s it!
Please comment below if you have any questions and I’ll answer them ASAP!
All images on this site are copyrighted – All Rights Reserved.