JHP Photoshop Actions – Review
Post-Processing photographs in Photoshop is all about experimenting and finding what appeals to you. JHP have made a several concise sets of Photoshop Actions for you to fuel that creativity and save time when working to a deadline.
JHP Photoshop Actions - Review
Firstly, for those of you that do not know, Photoshop Actions are pre-recorded post-processing techniques that have been saved simply for convenience. It is a great feature and I recommend you try it for yourself – here is a short guide:
1. To create an Action in Photoshop
- Open up the Actions tab, Window –> Actions
- Now create a New Action:
- This window will appear:
- Specify: Name, the set to save it to, you can make a short key for repetitive use, and colour for recognition.
- Hit Record and begin making your adjustments to your photographs. TIP: Try to avoid using the sliders in Layers, enter values instead.
- Once you have finished click stop, the blue square at the bottom of the Actions tab, or press ESC.
New Action - Record
- To install actions (.atn) place them in your Actions Folder located in Presets of your Photoshop Files (Adobe Photoshop CS4/Presets/Actions)
Saving Actions: Presets -> Actions
- After placing your Photoshop Actions you’ll need to refresh before they appear, so click on the top right button of the Actions tab, and Load Actions…
The JHP Photoshop Actions are great for playing around with photographs, and I have had a bit of fun with mine. I have made a few ‘Before and After’ examples for you to get an idea of what the possibilities are.
- This innovative collection features 27 workflow & color enhancing actions for Adobe Photoshop. Learn More!
Lomo Photo - Color Lab
- This set contains 27 Photoshop actions that focus on awesome creative effects including holga, lomo and various vintages styles. Learn More!
Contrast BW - Creative Lab
- Looking to save time in your retouching process. Check this set out! 12 time saving, skin smoothing, eye-popping, beautifying photoshop actions. Learn More!
Bedazzlement - Retouch Lab
- Not sure which set is right for you? Start with Essentials. This set includes 24 Photoshop actions for everyday images. Learn More!
Magic Light - Essentials
- It’s all about the Old School with these classic Vintage effects. This set has 16 colour-bending, age defining actions that will take any photo from today to yesteryear with just one click. Learn More!
Vintage-77 - Vintage
Overall the JHP Complete Actions Set is very well done, with a whole range of features and many hours have gone into the planning and development of each Action, which produce non-destructive picture perfect results. I would highly recommend that you try the Free JHP Actions and then consider the other fully loaded Sets!
Download the Free JHP Photoshop Actions!
Learn More about the JHP Complete Set!
To get you on your way I have a coupon for 15% off the JHP Complete Set => 8473988B
JHP Photoshop Actions >> www.jhpactions.com