To start the festive season off I’ve come up with this easy step-by-step guide on how to create a nice looking Christmas Bauble!
1. Start by opening GIMP with these settings:
- 1200 x 1600
- 300 pi
2. Making the background
- Using the Gradient Tool: FG: Red BG: Black, Radial make a stroke across the screen.
3. Pattern + Download
- Download this Pattern: Pattern Download(200kb)
- Put it in C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\patterns (May be different, as long as it’s in Patterns (Refresh if you can’t see it in GIMP Patterns Box))
- Now to apply the Pattern, go Edit –> Fill with Pattern:
- Create a new layer ‘Bauble’:
- Use the Eclipse Tool, set 1:1 aspect ratio, to create a circle:
- Then use the Gradient Tool: Blue and Black with Radial. Stroke as shown:
5. Shrink Selection
- Keep the same selection as before:
- Go Select –> Shrink, use around 36:
6. Subtract Selection
- Use the Eclipse Tool again, but with Subtract on, check that on the sidebar
- Then move the circle as shown:
- Use the Gradient Tool as shown, with the settings: FG Only: White, Radial, Opacity: 15
8. Making the ‘Cap’
- Create a new layer ‘Cap‘:
- Now use the Rectangular Tool with the following settings: Rounded Corners: 15
9. Subtract Selection
- With the Eclipse Tool, but with Subtract setting, as shown:
10. Cap Colouring
- Then use the Gradient Tool with the settings shown: FG: Black BG: Gold/Dark Yellow, Bi-Linear (Check the opposite direction, or stroke from out to in)
11. Making the ‘Ring’
- Create a new layer ‘Ring’
- Grab the Eclipse Tool and draw as shown:
- With Settings: Fixed Aspect Ration 1:1:
- Make sure it is in the normal mode!
- Go Select –> Border, around 2px:
13. Ring Colouring
- Then use the Gradient Tool with the settings as shown: FG: Black BG: Gold/Dark Yellow, Radial
14. Pencil Tool
- Create a new layer ‘String‘:
- Grab the Pencil Tool and draw a line (hold Shift), with settings as shown: Circle Fuzzy (13), Scale: 0.30
More Christmas Tutorials
Please comment below if you have any questions and I’ll answer them ASAP!
All images on this site are copyrighted – All Rights Reserved.