Christmas Tree – Merry Christmas
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to create a very simple Christmas Tree wallpaper!
1. Start by opening GIMP with these settings:
- 1200 x 1600
- 300 dpi
2. Making the background
- Using the Gradient Tool: FG: Red BG: Black, Radial make a stroke across the screen.
- Download this Pattern: Pattern Download(200kb)
- Put it in C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\patterns (May be different, as long as it’s in Patterns (Refresh if you can’t see it in GIMP Patterns Box))
- Now to apply the Pattern, go Edit –> Fill with Pattern:
3. Pen Tool
- Create a new layer ‘Tree‘
- Now, grab the Pen Tool, and draw something similar to below:
- Then click –> Selection from Path (on the Pen Tool side bar):
- With that selection, use the Gradient Tool: FG: Green BG: Black, Linear:
- Stroke from centre to bottom, as shown:
- Repeat that process for the other segments of the tree just up the scale:
5. Making the Trunk
- Create a new layer ‘Stump or Trunk‘
- Now use the Lasso Tool to make a ‘Stump‘, draw square-like box (angled sides), use shift to get straight sides!
- Then use the Gradient Tool with the settings as shown: FG: Brown BG: Black, Linear – Stroke middle to bottom:
6. Adding a Star
- Download this great starduskblue.deviantart.com/art/GIMP-Brushes-Stars-4225644
- Put brush in your brushes folder (C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\brushes)
- Then duplicate the ‘Star‘ layer and apply some Gaussian Blur, go Filters –> Blur –> Gaussian blur (around 20-30):
7. Adding Text
- Use the Text Tool: Font: Brush Script Mt Italic Colour: Black Size: 187px
More Christmas Tutorials
Please comment below if you have any questions and I’ll answer them ASAP!
All images on this site are copyrighted – All Rights Reserved.